Speaker: Aaron Browning
 Now the word of the Lord came to Jonah the son of Amittai, saying,  “Arise, go to Nineveh, that great city, and call out against it, for their evil has come up before me.”  But Jonah rose to flee to Tarshish from the presence of the Lord. He went down to Joppa and found a ship going to Tarshish. So he paid the fare and went down into it, to go with them to Tarshish, away from the presence of the Lord.
 But the Lord hurled a great wind upon the sea, and there was a mighty tempest on the sea, so that the ship threatened to break up.  Then the mariners were afraid, and each cried out to his god. And they hurled the cargo that was in the ship into the sea to lighten it for them. But Jonah had gone down into the inner part of the ship and had lain down and was fast asleep.  So the captain came and said to him, “What do you mean, you sleeper? Arise, call out to your god! Perhaps the god will give a thought to us, that we may not perish.”
 And they said to one another, “Come, let us cast lots, that we may know on whose account this evil has come upon us.” So they cast lots, and the lot fell on Jonah.  Then they said to him, “Tell us on whose account this evil has come upon us. What is your occupation? And where do you come from? What is your country? And of what people are you?”  And he said to them, “I am a Hebrew, and I fear the Lord, the God of heaven, who made the sea and the dry land.”  Then the men were exceedingly afraid and said to him, “What is this that you have done!” For the men knew that he was fleeing from the presence of the Lord, because he had told them.
 Then they said to him, “What shall we do to you, that the sea may quiet down for us?” For the sea grew more and more tempestuous.  He said to them, “Pick me up and hurl me into the sea; then the sea will quiet down for you, for I know it is because of me that this great tempest has come upon you.”  Nevertheless, the men rowed hard to get back to dry land, but they could not, for the sea grew more and more tempestuous against them.  Therefore they called out to the Lord, “O Lord, let us not perish for this man’s life, and lay not on us innocent blood, for you, O Lord, have done as it pleased you.”  So they picked up Jonah and hurled him into the sea, and the sea ceased from its raging.  Then the men feared the Lordexceedingly, and they offered a sacrifice to the Lord and made vows.
 And the Lord appointed a great fish to swallow up Jonah. And Jonah was in the belly of the fish three days and three nights.READ MORE
Speaker: Tyler Eason
 And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works,  not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.READ MORE
1 Peter 1:3-9
Speaker: Pastor Aaron Browning
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,  to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you,  who by God’s power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.  In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials,  so that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ.  Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory,  obtaining the outcome of your faith, the salvation of your souls.READ MORE
Speaker: Aaron Browning
“The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your brothers—it is to him you shall listen— just as you desired of the LORD your God at Horeb on the day of the assembly, when you said, ‘Let me not hear again the voice of the LORD my God or see this great fire any more, lest I die.’  And the LORD said to me, ‘They are right in what they have spoken.  I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers. And I will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I command him.  And whoever will not listen to my words that he shall speak in my name, I myself will require it of him.
You Have Heard That it Was Said: Part 4
 “Again you have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not swear falsely, but shall perform to the Lord what you have sworn.’  But I say to you, Do not take an oath at all, either by heaven, for it is the throne of God,  or by the earth, for it is his footstool, or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King.  And do not take an oath by your head, for you cannot make one hair white or black.  Let what you say be simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything more than this comes from evil. (ESV)READ MORE
Consulting the Architect: October 16-17
One of the most beautiful blueprints ever designed has been God’s plan for marriage. Established before there was any sin in the world, marriage illustrates God’s perfect design for relationships. Let’s consult the architect and see what he has to say.
Contact Mike Peterson (MikeAPeterson66@gmail.com) for more information.
Dr. Jim and Linda Juvinall
After coming to Christ as an adult Jim graduated with a M.Div from Calvary Baptist Theological Seminary. He has a doctorate in Biblical Counseling. Jim and his wife Linda have been married for 48 years. Linda earned her certificate in Biblical Counseling from Calvary Baptist Seminary. They enjoy ministering as a couple. Together they have two children and nine grandchildren. Currently they reside in Maricopa, Arizona. They are members of Arizona Community Church where Jim serves as the Counseling Pastor.
- Friday, October 16
- 7:30 PM – Welcome
- 7:50 PM – Session 1: This is Not Your Grandfather’s Family
- 8:20 PM – Break
- 8:30 PM – Session 2: Getting Back on Target
- 9:00 PM – Group Games (optional)
- Saturday, October 17
- 9:00 AM – Music
- 9:15 AM – Session 3: Symphony of Survival in the Key of C
- 9:45 AM – Break
- 10:00 AM – Session 4: Practical Advise for Making Marriage Stick (men and women separate)
- 10:30 AM – Break
- 10:45 AM – Session 5: Essential Glue for Every Couple to Apply
- 11:30 AM – Couples Alone Time
- 12:30 PM – Lunch
- 1:30 PM – Session 6: What Families Need to Thrive
- 2:00 PM – Conference Wrap-up
- Location: Hilton Garden Inn – Maple Grove
- Conference Fees: $50 (per couple)
- Conference Fees for couples staying at hotel: $30
- Room: $107.10 + tax
- Couples must book hotel themselves through the web address below. Conference fees will be collected separately.
- To reserve a room click here.
- Rooms must be reserved by 9/24/15 to be guaranteed the group price.
- Breakfast not included but can be purchased at cost of $10.95 + tax per person. They are hot breakfasts made to order.
- Hotel phone number: 763.509.0157
Make plans to join us for our 2015 Soccer Clinic. Each night the activities will include general and specific soccer drills and skill development, exercise, strength conditioning, scrimmage, and a Christian message. Register today!
- Dates: Sunday, July 26 to Thursday July 30.
- Time: 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm.
- Location: STMA Middle School East Soccer Fields
- Cost: $10 per child and includes all 5 sessions and a T-shirt if your child is registered on or before July 11.
- Ages: The soccer clinic is open to all children entering Kindergarten thru grade 6 for the school year 2015-2016. For younger children not reaching the kindergarten cut off we ask that you wait to sign your Pre-K child up until next year but do encourage you to bring them along with their own ball to play on the sidelines and feel part of the event.
- FAQ: You can see a list of frequently asked questions here: nwbc.mn/soccer-clinic/faq
The Fine Print:
- You are not successfully registered unless you receive a confirmation email from NWBC. If you do not receive an email then you are not registered for the clinic. In the case that you do not receive an email, please contact the church office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please look both in your inbox and junk mail for your confirmation email.
- Your confirmation email will have additional details regarding FAQ and payment information.