“Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.” Deuteronomy 6:4-7 (ESV)
Northwest Kids exists to honor God by helping children joyfully know, follow, and proclaim Jesus Christ. We will do this through faithful teaching of the Scriptures, loving discipleship, and providing helpful support for parents to shepherd their families.
- Knowing Jesus through teaching that is…
- Following Jesus through
- Abiding in Him as our greatest treasure
- Happy obedience to authority
- Faithful prayer to God
- Humble submission to His ways
- Dependence on His Spirit
- Proclaiming Jesus by…
- Humble service for others
- Living in Christian community with the church
- Gospel proclamation to the world
- Faithful Teaching
- We are committed to offering instruction that covers Bible survey, Biblical theology, systematic theology, Gospel teaching, and moral instruction.
- Loving Discipleship
- We are committed to discipling in such a way where we are instructing the mind, engaging the heart, and equipping the hands of children so that they can fulfill the great commandments of love for God and for other people.
- Helpful Support
- We are committed to equipping families since the primary calling for shepherding children is the responsibility of Christian parents.
“But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have firmly believed, knowing from whom you learned it and how from childhood you have been acquainted with the sacred writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.”
II Timothy. 3:14-15 (ESV)